For the third year, the Technology Association of Iowa will be building upon its i2iowa Investors and Innovators Forum in Downtown Des Moines. The event was launched as a new platform for our state’s emerging startup companies to connect directly with investors from across the country. i2iowa has now evolved into a regional event while pulling in presenting companies from multiple states.
Last night, I received the news that my own startup Bloomsnap has made the list of finalists to present at this year’s forum! After launching business operations only 6 weeks ago, my business partner Lyndsay Clark and I owe a big thank you to the people in the startup and surrounding community who have been able to utilize and validate our business model in a short amount of time. Thanks to these efforts, we will be included as a presenter with following companies:
- Anemometry Specialists, Alta, Iowa (Clean Technology)
- BettrLife, Urbandale, Iowa (Software/Health & Wellness)
- Bloomsnap, Des Moines (Consumer Services)
- Emploi.us, Des Moines (Construction)
- Find Alma, Des Moines (Education)
- Foundations in Learning, Inc., Iowa City, Iowa (Software)
- Golf Challenges, LLC, Des Moines (Mobile)
- Goodsmiths, West Des Moines (Internet/Web Services)
- Igor, Inc., Johnston, Iowa (IT Services)
- Iowa Approach, Iowa City, Iowa (Medical Devices and Equipment)
- Kamath Biosciences LLC, Coralville, Iowa (Food and Beverage)
- Medical Engineering Innovations, Inc., Madison, Wisc. (Medical Devices and Equipment)
- Memcine Pharmeceuticals, Coralville, Iowa (Biotechnology)
- Men’s Style Lab, Des Moines (Fashion)
- NextStep.io, Cedar Rapids, Iowa (Healthcare Service)
- Offspring, Waukee, Iowa (Software)
- OTT Communications, Denver, Colo. (Telecommunications)
- Pear Deck, Iowa City, Iowa (Internet/Web Services)
This year’s forum already has heightened awareness due to its strategic alignment with the Prometheus Awards, Pitch & Grow and the featured keynote speaker Chris Olsen. As a partner of Drive Capital, Olsen has gained notable attention across multiple media outlets for his firms $250 million fund that focuses on startup investment right here in the Midwest.
This will mark my 2nd time presenting at i2iowa, as my former startup eDossea was able to participate in 2012. The event is building one more channel between our high growth startups and outside investors and will continue to build upon this for future events. More information on i2iowa is available via Silicon Prairie News.
General admission is open to the investment community for $99/guest via i2iowa’s Registration Page.