Year number five of the Des Moines Social Club‘s Annual Dinner takes a new location, which should now be the permanent home. The updates have been abundant as DMSC has secured ownership and keys of the city’s Firehouse at 900 Mulberry Street.
With the new unveiling of plans and construction set to begin, it’s obvious that the majority of supporters across Iowa are pumped for this. As a Board member, I will be on hand Thursday night as this year’s Food For Thought will be offering tours and DMSC’s first performances in the new digs. In addition to that, of course there will be dinner served by our city’s top chefs. This will instantly be a historic night for Des Moines.
Don’t miss the first event at the firehouse! Featuring two parties, music by Cashes Rivers, DJ 810, The River Monks, and Jordan Mayland, guided firehouse tours, slide down the fire pole, paint a collaborative mural, and much more!
Formal Dinner – Thursday, April 4th, 2013 at 5pm
$100/person, $1,000/Table or $1,700/VIP Table (advance purchase only). Tables seat 10 people. The Formal Dinner includes a three-course meal by Chef of the Year, Sean Wilson and David Baruthio from Baru 66, plus wine pairings by Sommelier Zachary Mannheimer. VIP tables include bottles of champagne and priority seating. Purchase tables by contacting Julie at email@example.com or 515-288-3672.
BBQ & Brews Party
$20/person (advance purchase recommended). Includes free BBQ and beer.THIS IS SOLD OUT
More Party Facts
– Proceeds are donated to support the firehouse construction efforts and Social Club programming.
– Make a pledge to slide down the fire pole, paint a collaborative mural, and start the construction by knocking down a wall.
– Both parties kick off at 5:00 pm and converge together for a DJ 810 dance party at 7:45 pm.
– An elevated stage will connect both parties with live music and a showcase of Social Club programming.
– Special news about the firehouse will be released at the event.
– Free food and drink!